Aug.5
Well... this week makes offically a month here in sunny Florida. And honestly I cannot complain. I am enjoying the area. Work is good... challenging, busy, and overall intresting.
a random fact i learned from my mom who got it off tv somewhere... only 9% of people are natural redheads. now aren't i special or what? :-P
July 25
space shuttle should go up tomorrow.. yay!
life is good can't complain... love my job. love florida. what else can i want? sunny beaches, good weather, and lots to do. lol... that is fl in a "seashell"
hahahaha.. i made a funny... ok maybe not so funny.
July 14
The new job is going fabulously. I have enjoyed meeting all the new people; am finding it a challenge to learn all the new flora; looking forward to getting fully involved with FPLs vegetation management program. At first I was a tad skeptical about moving 4 states away from home. I am adjusting well however. I guess if I could survive the spring months in Ohio, I can become well acclimated to just about any climate/terrain/people/creatures/etc.
so this past week... i was uber excited to see the shuttle go up. but alas, the send off was scrubbed... so sad, too bad... just means some serious tourist dodging all weekend... if they decide to do it saturday. they don't call this the space coast for nothing...lol. so hopefully i will have opportunity to see this nifty event when and if it does happen.
i am starting to compile a list of things to do in the orlando/space coast/jacksonville areas.
1. Casino Cruise
2. Alligators, manatees, sea turtles... maybe the zoo... maybe some natural areas.
3. Disney/SeaWorld/ETC. - the normal Orlando attractions
4. Kennedy Space Center
5. Fishing
July 8
ok... so i was living in ohio. the project i was working on was ending and the company found me a permanent position. so i moved to florida last weekend. i have found a temporary place to live in cocoa beach... but i'm still apartment hunting. i want to get my dog down here... and i would like to have a bit more space. but currently i am comfortable and content. it is going to take a while to find an apartment that one i can afford and two would like to live in. so time will tell. but i have plenty of time. i am working for a electric utility down here.... so the beginning of hurricane season has already reared its ugly head. looks like it may be a busy season... however so far so good...
May 7
Still in OH. Worked this week. Very uninteresting week... easy terrain and productive. I am looking forward to the hotel getting wireless internet. Spent today in Niles/Warren. Didn't do much worth mentioning. It has been quiet weekend. I am trying to persuade myself to go out to a bar and be somewhat social... but I am too chicken shit to do it. That whole going out by myself thing makes me feel really insecure and scared. Maybe later on I will change my mind... maybe not. Think i may drive home next weekend provided we don't work OT. Anyhow as you can see ... not much going on for me right now ...
On a plus note though... a job in Daytona Beach, FL has opened up... I am hoping they will call me in for an interview... FL would be a sweet change in scenery :) .
more later...
No comments:
Post a Comment