Friday, October 27, 2006

Few thoughts and updates

Hey all out there in the wild world of today. Guess you all thought I had forgotten about my faithful readers. Fear not if you haven't given up neither have I. Busy times here on 'planet janet' as I am so fondly calling my present state of mind. Well lets see if I can give you the highlights of my most recent notable moments. I recently went to my first Redskins game, it was a blast and I am hoping to go again sometime. This was my first pro football game ever! I went to see the Nationals and the Orioles play during the warmer months. I certainly do enjoy a good baseball game live and in person. I have been keeping up with Hokie football. We did do well last night.... sooooo needed! Hoping to get down to a game before the season ends. Now I know what you are thinking... does she do anything exciting that is not sports related.... answer.... eh, is there anything else?!?! Well a few mentionables... do come to mind but nothing actually all that metionable. Ok well maybe my life has become extremely consumed by sports.... aw well... I am still learning alot... and still have alot to learn. I grew up in a house where sports meant NASCAR, hunting, fishing, and oh yeah did I mention NASCAR.

My job is going very well. I am oncall this week.... 24/7 I am available for tree emergencies... Ofcourse the weather is shitty so my sleep schedule for the weekend may end up looking more like sleep deprivation before all is said and done. I don't have many stories or funny happenings from the streets of DC. Of all the places I have worked this has been the least dramatic atleast on the stand point of weird and unusual occurances. Or maybe I am just getting boring in my old age. Who knows?

Earlier this week my roomie had to put down his dog due to cancer. It was extremely sad. I will miss my little buddy. I still wake up in the morning expecting to have two curled up dogs securing me in my comforter until they are ready to get up. sigh.

Don't know when I will get back down home. I thought about Oyster Festival weekend. Eh, too much craziness. I like to enjoy quiet weekends.... not fight out of town traffic in a two stop light county.

Mustang is treating me well. I do enjoy drving it here and there. I have had flat tires twice in the last month... bah!

I am betting that I will get an emergency call before the night is over. So off to bed I go.

No comments: