Tuesday, January 30, 2007

VA Beach

Ok so here I am traveling again. No ...not out of state... however since my last post it was very quickly pointed out to me that I leave Virginia daily to go to work. And apparently that someone who pointed this out to me also likes being featured in blog posts so I guess this little tidbit will make him smile. So back to my point... I am in Virginia Beach for the Horticulture Short Course. The classes have been relatively intresting. I have learned a few things. Met a few fellow 'lumberjacks'.

Now for the most intresting part of this trip. For the last 3 of 4 meals, I have had sushi/japanese. I have tried a volcano roll, and a christmas tree roll. I have eaten lots of shashimi. Some Miso. Even a little green tea icecream. All of which has been super yummy. Apparently this has been the only thing that I have had a real desire to eat all week so far. Very strange. Not complaining... just think it is odd. I don't know if other sushi places do this christmas tree roll thing... it is a roll with crab, shrimp, cream cheese, and avocado (on the outside of the roll!). The roll was soooo cute.... looked kinda like a small row of christmas trees! I was not even sure I would be able to eat it without making a mess. I managed to make it happen mess-free. Yay me! If you are in Va Beach, gotta try Sakura!

I have been quite lonely the entire trip though. I think I like having people around. Kinda wish some folks from work had decided to come with. Don't get me wrong I have met people, talked to people, sat in seminars with people. But it just isn't the same as having someone I know to pal around with. I have had to fight the urge to call anyone I know 'just to chat'. I really have no clue how I did all of the traveling during the past few years without going stir crazy.

Here one more day. Then back to the real world. No more claseses. No more bad tv in hotel rooms. No more sushi. *well maybe I'll still have some sushi*

No comments: