Sunday, June 12, 2011

Toto, We're not in Kansas anymore....

Welcome to the reinvention of this blog.  So very often one finds that what was now is and what is will be.  Today, I am ready to re-enter the world of sharing ... and not necessarily caring. 

Ever find that Sundays just are not long enough?  Really wish there was much much more weekend?  Well, then you know exactly the mindset of my day. 

This weekend marks the first time in at least a month that I have felt well and healthy.  I have been struggling with excessive fatigue, headaches, muscle aches, and a slight fever.  Despite, going to numerous doctors in an effort of relief and diagnosis, I have been left wanting.  But, today was good.  I like good and apparently good likes me. 

My weekend has included visiting my cousin spontaneously, getting in a full day of work on Saturday, a movie night with friends on Saturday, and visiting with a friend today.  As filler, I did do a bit of shopping, got some household chores done, gassed up the little red car, and got the weekly groceries.  I am pretty worn out yet happy.  (Just the way all good weekends should end.)

In light of my latest bout of sickness, I have vowed to get on the track to better health.  Yep, this is going to be a long summer.  (... hopefully with success to report and limited failures to frown upon.)  I plan to start a regiment of Shakeology by Beachbody and to develop a routine of increased physical activity.  My friend is a coach for Beachbody and was very helpful today in giving me insight into the program and encouragement to get started!  As a result, I am well on my way to doing this seriously and pleased at just how enthusiastic I feel. 

For dinner, I made a healthy baked fish entree with two side veggies.  Quick, easy, and tasty.  

Just this afternoon, I did a walk/jog session for 20 minutes!  Exciting!  If you know me, you know that the last time I broke a jog was probably in a high school gym class against my will.  Yay!   I am sweaty and energized. 

I feel like I am off to a good start.  I am excited to keep it up.   Wish me luck!

My weekly goals are to
-> replace one meal a day with Shakeology
-> attend a Bikram Yoga class
-> walk/jog with the dog at least 3x per week for 20-30 minutes
-> make healthier choices about food portion sizes and/or content
-> blog at least 1x per week to mark progress, identify weaknesses, and reflect on my life

No comments: