Saturday, November 12, 2005

yet another post

I have been lucky enough to have a nice quiet weekend to unwind from the hassels of storm duty. I actually kind of miss the daily hustle and bustle associated with storm duty though. I was quite fortunate this last storm experience. I was my first real experience having my own crews to manage and actual duties all of my own. The group of guys I worked with were wonderful. Each of them really took the time to explain things to me and kept my day intresting. I will never forget them and hopefully if I ever end up on storm duty in the future I will have the opportunity to work with them again.

Things I learned, saw, and/or experienced over the past 3 weeks:
- I was able to ride in the Big Foot... talk about being on top of the world!
-Alligators... I didn't get to see many but the ones I saw were HUGE! Also heard all sorts of stories about alligators
- I learned some basic knots -- the stationary bolling, running bolling, figure 8, clove hitch, half hitch, and last but not least the dragging bolling--- haha ;)
-I got to see the inside of a blimp, and was even there to see it take off from the runway
-Was able to see lots of tree work performed... these guys were pros! bucket work and lots of climbing
-Met lots of intresting people along the way
-Became relatively good at navigating both the West Palm Beach area and the Pompano beach area

As I think back on my overall Florida experience, I think fondly on all I have gotten to see and experience. Part of me is sad that it is all coming to an end in just a week or so. Another part of me is so excited I can hardly stand it to get back to VA/DC.

enough of all my banter for tonite...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The material is usefulfor me. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------buy-meridia supplier