Saturday, January 21, 2006

strange ending to the week

So yesterday was just the strangest day.



So I come home, we watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory --which by the way is a great movie.... very well done. Had made plans to get dinner with the roommates... so I was upstairs getting dressed. When I went to come back down the stairs ... down I went on my hip. I now have a huge bruise on my upper thigh... joy. Luckily I am not hurt badly. So despite my spill down 3/4 of our uncarpeted stairwell -- I decide it is a good idea to walk to dinner. So the three of us depart on our trek to get sushi. It is a long walk in the dark up Rt 1. We arrive and there are no lights on and a sign on the door stating they would be closed for the next 3 days.... BAH! So now there are 3 adults --- very hungry adults-- standing out side of a sushi place in a not so great part of town with no transportation. Ok so I am the queen of bright ideas... no sushi, no sake, no miso soup... :( and to top it off no real good way to go somewhere else. We then do what any other self respecting people do when posed with disappointment... we start the walk back and try to brain storm ideas as far as food. I then mentioned the vietimese place up the street from the house. So we settled for that. Food turned out to be really good. Full bellies and a couple of hours later we return home to watch more movies for the remainder of the night.

Who would have thought dinner would have been that much effort?!!??!?

So I am sitting here with a sore leg and fond thoughts of vietimese food (which the first time i ever tried it ... I got sick)

Lets hope the weekend is a tad less painful... between the rear ending and the falling down the stairs... I'm about spent on being sore and grumpy.

BTW tequila may take away the pain... but you always wake up remembering exactly why you were drinking the tequila. Damn short-term forgetfulness.

Likely resting for the remainder of the day...

No comments: