Wednesday, September 14, 2005

it really is september...

I keep having to remind myself that it is fall. I had actually forgotten that it was that time of year, until my coworker came up and said, "you notice the maples changing colors?". Now I am a tree person, but somehow in the midst of all of the ninety degree days I did miss the sudden change in leaf color on the decidious trees here. This is going to be a big adjustment for me. I think I will miss the seasons. I like the change that takes place from one time of year to the next. The change in smell... here it smells like salt air all the time. At home, in VA, in the spring you can smell the new grass, the freshly plowed earth, and flowers blooming. In the fall, you can smell the leaves, and the frost. I am afraid here I will get none of those wonderful smells or the weather associated with them. No snow. Now I definately am not from anywhere that gets tons and tons of snow... like Ohio. But the occasional snow storm kept things intresting. Just think all I will get here is summer, year round. Wel,l there will be mild summer and intense summer too. HA! Guess I had better get used to it if I intend to stay here in sunny FL.

For those of you who read and keep up with this... my sleep troubles seem better now. Maybe inpart due to no one uttering the h- word. This is good news and I am glad to be getting full uninterrupted nights of sleep. I am a much less grumpy person as a result!

No comments: